If you are new to storage and don’t know where to start in selecting a Storage Facility, check out my Top 5 things to look for:
- Security. Self Storage Facilities must be secure. Ideally they will be gated with access by individualised pin-coded entry only. At U Can Store It each pin-code is not only unique to you but to your unit, that way if anyone was to enter with a different pin and then open your shed – alarms will be set off. A CCTV system is another important feature and make sure you ask whether these cameras record their vision. An on-site manager is also an excellent security feature as that constant presence is a big deterrent to any would be thieves.
- Staff. Are the staff professional? Do they answer phone calls promptly? Will your invoicing be sent automatically and all your details kept securely on file?
- Cleanliness: Are the driveways and units clean. Are rubbish bins emptied regularly. Is there a lot of dust or dirt coming from neighbouring blocks? Is it your responsibility on exit to clean your shed or is this provided by the Facility?
- Fumigation: Ask how often fumigation is carried out and when the last one was carried out.
- Facilities: Can you borrow trolleys for your move in and out. Are there dumpsters around if you decide to do a clear out. Complimentary trailer? Toilets on site? Washing bay?
The most important thing of all you can do, when choosing a Self Storage Facility, is do a site inspection. Take the time to visit a couple of the Facilities and see what they have to offer. Going with the cheapest quote and then arriving on the day to find a dirty and poorly run Facility can be an absolute nightmare. So take the time out to visit so that you can choose the best place to store your goods.
At U Can Store It you are welcome to drop in any time between 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12 pm on Saturdays.