Whether you are storing for a month or a year – how you pack will make things easier the other end. Here are my top 5 packing tips;
- Pre-purchase good quality packing material. Boxes, tape, packing paper and some permanent markers.
- Use the correct size box for your goods. Heavier items go in smaller boxes (commonly called book and wine boxes) and larger lighter items in your tea-chest style box.
- Make sure you fill every box. A half full box is more likely to collapse and is no good for stacking.
- Mark each box with its destination room and what it is… eg “Kitchen – Glass Ware” and if necessary FRAGILE.
- If you think you may need some items whilst in store – clearly mark these with a symbol or the word FRONT – that way your removalists (or you) will know to position these at the front of your storage unit.