We see it all at U Can Store It. The super efficient client who reserves a unit 4 months before they need it, along with those who roll down the drive-way with all their goods in tow praying we have a unit. If you are somewhere in between, there are a couple of things that you can do on the days leading up to moving day to make the whole experience much easier….
- Have everything packed and ready to go. It sounds obvious but make sure everything is in boxes, disassembled and unplugged. This is especially important if you have booked a removalist. Remember time is money once the removalists start working so the more you can have things ready to go the cheaper and less stressful your move will be.
- Put everything that is not being stored in one place. We recently had a local storage client from Robina realise that her washing basket with all her clothes for her overseas trip were now at the back of her storage unit. It is so easy to pick up items that are not intended for storage if they are left in the mix. Placing these items in a separate room or your car may be the safest bet.
- Pack yourself a lunch box. Moving days are exhausting. Pack yourself an esky or lunch box with lots of goodies that can sustain you through the day. A couple of bottles of water are also handy.
- Label anything you may need to access. Any items that you think you may need at some point should either be grouped together for loading last or clearly labeled. You need these goods to be at the front of the unit. I see so many clients having to unpack and then re-pack a unit because something essential is lost in the back.,
- Do not store your passport! One client due to travel overseas the day after he moved in to storage realised that he had left his passport in his filing cabinet which was at the back of his 6 x 3 x 3m storage unit.
The more organised you are the less stressful moving day will be. If we can help at all please email or call us, U Can Store It always here to help.